• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

The World, From My Eyes

"I step aside, turn around and look naively at the world evolving around me. I surprise myself for things I've taken for granted. It's about the tiny little piece of thoughts hailed from the bottom of my mind. It's about an appreciation, expression, discovery, compassion or simply a random scribble of a soul. I believe that life's too precious to be squandered away with the mundane. It's my life. And I'm living it. The world from my eyes, an utter manifestation."

To trail the footsteps of the Prophets.. (8)

(cont’d)

We continued our journey to a market which was covered with grape’s trees on top of it. We just looked around and had a walk in it before we went to break our hunger- Nasi Mandi for lunch. Yummy! The rice looked somewhat similar to Briyani except that we’re given milk to eat with the rice.

After lunch we took off to a mosque which has a shrine of Bilal bin Rabah at the rear of it. We couldn’t really see the shrine because it was placed in a small house and can’t be entered. Anyway an interesting story told by ustaz; it was something like, (correct me if I’m wrong) during Bilal’s time, there was this one man volunteering to recite the athan to replace Bilal (Bilal’s voice wasn’t that lovely). The guy has got an exquisite voice and he’s aware of that. Then Prophet Muhammad s.a.w. allowed him to do so, for the Subuh prayer if I’m not mistaken. After that came Jibril a.s. asking Prophet Muhammad s.a.w., why didn’t any of you recite the athan this morning? This was because Bilal’s athan can reach the sky (can be heard by Jibril a.s.) but the guy’s was not. Clearly this depicts that Bilal has his own specialty in reciting athan.

The next journey brought us to climb Jabal Qasyun to experience the beauty of Damascus city from there. The scenery was amazing, and unbelievable too. Unbelievable because I never yearned or thought of going to Syria when I was a kid. I also wasn’t really aware that Syria actually has lots of histories and shrines of the Prophets as well as the shrine of the great people to discover.

That night we visited a number of shrines and mosques of Syria starting with Abu Dardak shrine when the sun was about to set. Just to share something, I once listened to a talk concerning friendship and the ustaz gave an example of a person who really cares about his friend, the person is Abu Dardak. When he prays, he would pray for his friends’ good where he would mention 70 names of his friends. He would state every 70 names without fail.

After Abu Dardak’s shrine, we then went to pay our visit to Salahuddin’s shrine but unfortunately it was closed for Maghrib prayer. There were plenty of mosques in that area, not far from each other. We walked in the market itself to reach the next mosque namely Ruqaiyah Mosque which was a Syiah (Shia) mosque. From my observations, a prominent difference between Syiah mosque and Sunni mosque is that Syiah mosque is definitely more colourful and has these massive decorations that depict some kind of lavishness, whether it was on the shrine or on the mosque itself, in comparison with a Sunni mosque. The Syiah ladies were wearing all black, so inside the mosque the atmosphere was pretty much murky and gloomy. The mosque was also intensely congested with people, until we have to hold our friends’ hands to ensure that we don’t get lost in the traffic. Many of them were surrounding Ruqaiyah’s shrine, mourning and wiping it with a piece of cloth. On top of the shrine itself I saw a plenty of dolls and clothes flung onto it, for a reason which I don’t know. Anyway, who’s Ruqaiyah actually? She was the daughter of Hussein who was the son of Ali and Fatimah who was the daughter of Prophet Muhammad saw.

For our final destination that night, we visited Umawi Mosque where the shrine (maqam) of Prophet John (Yahya) was found. It was also the place where Sayidina Hussein’s head was believed to be placed. If you notice, in the previous post I’ve mentioned a place which also was believed to have Sayidina Hussein’s head, which is Sayidina Hussein Mosque in Egypt. So Ustaz Joe explained that a ‘maqam’ doesn’t necessarily mean that it is a place where someone’s body or part of the body is buried, but instead it can also be a location where a person used to sit or something like that. The Umawi Mosque also has a few minarets, one of them is the place where Salahuddin Al-Ayyubi used to give khutbah, and two white minarets which one of them might be the minaret where Prophet Jesus (Isa) will come down.

(to be cont’d)

Read More 1 Comment | Conceived by sarahyusof edit post

1 Comment

  1. elfaqiha on 9:31 am

    Sarah, u made me feel hungry... nak makan nasi mandi! thn dpn kalo korg jln Syria lagi, jgn lupe tapau untuk akk ek! :D

     


Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

"Nun. By the pen and what they inscribe" [al-Qalam, 68:1]

  • Me
      "A humble traveler on the world of His"
  • Snippets of Me

    • An all-time Muslimah who lives to serve Allah
    • A wife to a wonderful husband
    • A daughter to great parents
    • A mother to two beautiful princesses
    • A doctor by profession
    • A part time blogger who just ventured into business

    My Family & I

    My Family & I
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ For more info about business opportunity you can reach me via phone/whatsapp at 0145213388. I will bring to you to a wonderful experience towards time and financial freedom insyaAllah. Also do contact me for purchases with special offers :)

    Premium Beautiful Corset

    Premium Beautiful Corset

    Bio Velocity Sleep Mate

    Bio Velocity Sleep Mate

    JTX Air Tracker

    JTX Air Tracker

    BB Plus Collagen

    BB Plus Collagen

    Marine Essence Range

    Marine Essence Range

    Mineral Coffee

    Mineral Coffee

    Words of Wisdom

    Followers

    Labels

    • Academic
    • Baby Food
    • Business
    • Doctor-To-Be
    • Fatimah Amanda
    • Islam
    • Leisure
    • Life
    • Love
    • Malaysia
    • Maryam Sophia
    • Milestones
    • Momderful
    • Music
    • Science
    • travelogue
    • Tsaqafah
    • YPG
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright xThe World, From My Eyes. All rights reserved.
    Blogger Layout | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Studio House Design

    Back to Top