Who likes interviews? Preparation and rehearsal on what to say, a presentable appearance and adrenaline rush are all the typical features of interviews. In fact days preceding an interview day the nervousness gets locked in the chest, which surges in the interview room and will only fade away when it is over with a sigh of relief. Why do people need to carry out interviews? Why do we really care to look perfect in interviews?
Although interviews can take as short as a couple of minutes, it plays an important role in portraying what a person actually look like. It displays our level of intellect, confidence, knowledge and attitude. It is imperative in a way that it tells the interviewer whether the interviewee suits the job and in some way describes what the interviewee has gone through which is from his/her experience. In other word it’s some kind of a summary of a person being delivered to a stranger in a purpose of introduction or letting know.
Of course everyone wants to excel in their interview. We generally don’t attend interviews if we don’t wish to get the job aren’t we? It’s because by passing an interview we are on track on achieving our dream, something that we really want in our life. It leads to the reason why we would give a special attention to interviews; simply because we want our dream to come true. In some circumstances where people happen to put their hope too high on the interview they underwent, when failure strikes they’d feel as if their life’s over thus they’re left in despair. In a nutshell interviews are about taking risks and about ‘accepted and delighted’ or ‘rejected and dejected’.
Just a glimpse of my childhood memory, my first interview was an interview to become a prefect when I was 12. Although unfortunately I didn’t get the pose it was personally an unforgettable moment for every single thing must have its first time. I wasn’t really sure what went wrong but at that age I guess I was too young [and small!] to fit into that pompous job, perhaps. ;)
Interviews came one after another. The most tragic interview I had was an interview in application of sponsorship from Mara for overseas students in Mara HQ, KL. My worst performance ever but thank God I succeeded. I think my best job was for a mock interview in KMB where for goodness sake I gained full mark in it. Allah did help me. Alhamdulillah.
As we move down the road, we’ll come across various interviews at its own time. Not to forget is our eventual interview when we’re buried 5 feet under the ground. *Shudders*
“Ma robbuka?”
“Ma imamuka?”
“Ma qiblatuka?”
Whether we’ll be able to answer them or not, we can’t simply tell right now. But remember like I told you before, it is indeed a summary of what we’ve gone through. So we gotta be good if we want a good summary yeah.
May Allah make it easy for us. Ameen.




