• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

The World, From My Eyes

"I step aside, turn around and look naively at the world evolving around me. I surprise myself for things I've taken for granted. It's about the tiny little piece of thoughts hailed from the bottom of my mind. It's about an appreciation, expression, discovery, compassion or simply a random scribble of a soul. I believe that life's too precious to be squandered away with the mundane. It's my life. And I'm living it. The world from my eyes, an utter manifestation."

The Long Haul [ii]

I’m now determined. I’m telling him now. I’m going to tell him now. And in the name of Allah I uttered “Sorry, I am about to perform my prayers. Just if you wonder what am I doing”. Then he promptly responded, “Oh it's fine, it's fine" while patting my right arm with his left hand. We exchanged smiles while I glanced at his wife who was leaning against the window with the Malaysian Airlines' feather-stuffed pillow under her head, eyes shut. Phew, what a relief. What a waste of time letting the pessimism engulfing my mind all along.

As I finished praying I sat back, put on the headphone once again and browsed for
any interesting stuff to watch or listen to on the screen. I went to the games section to have a look if there's any other passenger online whom I could compete with in whatever board game. Clicked chess. None. Clicked another board game. None. Maybe these people in this aircraft were not interested in online games, or perhaps I got them at the wrong hour. I was busy getting myself used to the remote when I suddenly noticed the man next to me bending forward looking at me with gestures as if he wanted to tell or ask me something.

I quickly took the headphone off my head and voiced, "Sorry?" He curiously asked; "You pray seven times a day is it?". I was surprised to hear that, never heard such a thing before. Now that while I'm typing this I tried to recall the Isra' Mikraj extraordinary story that I read in Raheeb Makhtum book [The lifetime story of Prophet Muhammad pbuh]; as Isra' Mikraj was the time when the performance of prayers a.k.a. solat was first decreed. I never come across the number seven.

Well maybe it reached this man with the faulty of the words of mouth I would say. "No, it's five times a day", I answered. "But for a long journey like this, we could combine our prayers two in one to make it easier for us", I added while grasping for ideas on how could I deliver the message in a way best understood, to make it clear that Islam doesn't and wouldn't burden its devotees.

"Are you a christian?" I questioned. "Yes, I'm a christian". "Catholic or protestant?". "Protestant, no idols", he joked. I smiled, not sure why did I do so, not quite understand his context really. He told me that he had read a little on Islam, about Prophet Abraham whom also exists in his religious belief. "Yes, our religions have a lot in common", I uttered. Actually the chat on our religions didn't last that long for the fact that I lacked awareness on Prophet Abraham in Christianity. [Can anyone out there help me with this?] So now I have to admit the importance of having the knowledge of other religions apart from mine alone, although I have no doubt with my faith. It's merely for the purpose of explaining to non-moslems since sometimes people seek to compare than to try to comprehend.


Time had elapsed and at last the touchdown announcement was heard in the air.
Not long after that Heathrow Airport saw me again on my own trying to locate which terminal should I go to in order to take my third flight to Dublin. It took me some time to discover the correct terminal for that the airport looked different from how it used to be. Was it me who forgot or was it the airport's rapid development was to be blamed? Huhu, whatever.

I went directly to the Aer Lingus check in area and checked in using the machine there. I still had to go to the counter to ask for the status of my checked in baggage. Poorly they couldn't tell about it at that moment but they assured me that with the code of the bag that I had in my hand I could later check for it's status soon.

"Do you want an earlier flight?". "No thanks". "Are you sure?". "Urm, when will the earlier flight be?". "At 6.30pm". "How long does it take for me to get to the gate?" "About 25 minutes if you go straight to the gate. Do you want to do some shopping or something?". "No". "So I think it should be ok for you". My mind was twirling, thinking of the pros and cons of both choices. Should I grab the chance, tawakal to Allah and arrive earlier in Galway [well not too early, perhaps an hour before midnight, alone!] or should I let it go, securing my checked-in baggage considering the probability of being stuck in the worst case scenario [again] thus giving way for the troublesome experience to take place [again]. Certainly, the I-don't-want-to-remember-that-day-again-'cause-it'll-make-me-sick incident was just too hurtful to remember.

"Well...?" the Aer Lingus staff looked deep into my eyes, his eyebrows raised waiting for my decision. I realized the seconds that I've stolen from him and thus...

(To be cont'd)
Read More 1 Comment | Conceived by sarahyusof edit post

1 Comment

  1. Anonymous on 9:37 pm

    A'laykum,

    Thanks Sis Sahra for the 2nd part though it seems we are waiting for a 3rd part or even 4th or maybe 5th. I must say you are an excellent story teller with an impeccable English. Congrats! I hope you will complete the rest as soon as you can insya'Allah!

    Ramadhan Karim,

    Abdullah

     


Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

"Nun. By the pen and what they inscribe" [al-Qalam, 68:1]

  • Me
      "A humble traveler on the world of His"
  • Snippets of Me

    • An all-time Muslimah who lives to serve Allah
    • A wife to a wonderful husband
    • A daughter to great parents
    • A mother to two beautiful princesses
    • A doctor by profession
    • A part time blogger who just ventured into business

    My Family & I

    My Family & I
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ For more info about business opportunity you can reach me via phone/whatsapp at 0145213388. I will bring to you to a wonderful experience towards time and financial freedom insyaAllah. Also do contact me for purchases with special offers :)

    Premium Beautiful Corset

    Premium Beautiful Corset

    Bio Velocity Sleep Mate

    Bio Velocity Sleep Mate

    JTX Air Tracker

    JTX Air Tracker

    BB Plus Collagen

    BB Plus Collagen

    Marine Essence Range

    Marine Essence Range

    Mineral Coffee

    Mineral Coffee

    Words of Wisdom

    Followers

    Labels

    • Academic
    • Baby Food
    • Business
    • Doctor-To-Be
    • Fatimah Amanda
    • Islam
    • Leisure
    • Life
    • Love
    • Malaysia
    • Maryam Sophia
    • Milestones
    • Momderful
    • Music
    • Science
    • travelogue
    • Tsaqafah
    • YPG
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright xThe World, From My Eyes. All rights reserved.
    Blogger Layout | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Studio House Design

    Back to Top