I wrote this correspondence months ago in response to an email (which I apparently don't wish to elaborate further) when we just started with our new committee of the year, for a society that sort of caters the needs of the Malaysian students in my place. I thought I'd just copy and paste the whole thing up here for sharing and reminding sakes, not more than those insyaAllah.
************
Assalamualaikum wbt,
As everyone has noticed, Galway is currently greatly suffering from a progressive disease called the leadership crisis. We lack people who are willing to hold a post in our committees to the extent that if we were chosen to be one of the leaders we became to feel afraid that we wouldn't be able to give our full commitment all along. I personally don't entirely blame these elected people to have this kind of thought to be honest.
As we turned our head around we'll see that the ambience in Galway has insidiously turned into an I-only-want-to-concentrate-on-my-studies-because-that's-the-only-reason-why-I-am-here-for state. To allure people to come to the events organised by the societies is like a pain in the neck, as if we were to force them to jump off the cliffs. Name it AGM, takbir raya let alone the talks, people just won't turn up (Or turn up late, extremely late). I can't simply put my fingers on those people but it's not impossible that they might've unintentionally overlooked the amount of effort the committee members had put in. The way of thinking like 'that has nothing to do with me' or 'it's okay other people will turn up anyway' is a poison that urgently needs an antidote.
That's why I reckon that we are somewhat influenced by our environment as certainly, we also want to succeed like the rest. What are we doing here attending a PPIMG meeting if we actually can on the other hand be with our friends at home studying and thus excel with flying colours in the exams. And once we got elected the whispers from outside came knocking our door telling us things like 'You're done man, you're bound to your job and you'll lose your life, your freedom, your good marks'. Our mind was pressured and moulded by the force from our environment shaking our willpower. It's therefore unfair for me to point at a single person to be responsible for something that has been created by the people collectively.
Having said the above I never mean that I'm going to offer something flashy to solve this critical issue in our community. This disease has become an ongoing problem that it's now a tough enough nut to crack. What I want to share is that I strongly agree with what our president has said about the sense of responsibility that each and everyone of us should possess. No man is an island so let's not think that we will never be able to carry out our task because we never know until we try, isn't it? I suppose one of the most NB attitudes that we all should have is the willingness to pour in whatever that we have and whatever we can as I believe more importantly it's the effort that counts after all.
We need to make a change(s), don't let this murderous attitude and surrounding advance any greater 'cause we know they're not right. I'm afraid if no one's going to make a move it's not inevitable that our societies whose one of the roles is to unite Galway-Malaysians together will in the future disappear from existence. At that time people will only mind their own business completely, follow the flow of disputable validity with no one to haul them back in and live 'independently' that not knowing what our friends around us have been up to is no longer seen as a problem. It's us who have to do it, it's us who need to together design the antidote.
I hope this is a good start for us the committee members to together realign our perception and perhaps have a think about what we can do for the job we've been appointed, not dwell on what we can't do. InsyaAllah we were all chosen for a reason because Allah has said clearly that He will never impose His servants with things they can't bear to handle (2:286). A great person is not just someone who is smart academically but is also someone who is able to manage everything else at the same time as in reality things don't only happen one after another in a mutually exclusive manner but more often than not all of them happen concomittantly. Let's make the opportunity to be in the committee as a chance for us to improve ourselves and polish the quality that we might have never even noticed hidden beneath our skin. Furthermore our purpose of life is not merely about becoming a doctor but indeed far more valuable than that.
So insyaAllah let's together give it a shot, support each other and we'll take it from there ok ;).
Remember every single thing must have its first step!
P/s: Maafla rasa mcm buat karangan tp hopefully messagenya sampai.
Jom pegi meeting esok insyaAllah.
Dari meja tugas yg telah ditaklifkan,
Helwa
Wallahualam.
As everyone has noticed, Galway is currently greatly suffering from a progressive disease called the leadership crisis. We lack people who are willing to hold a post in our committees to the extent that if we were chosen to be one of the leaders we became to feel afraid that we wouldn't be able to give our full commitment all along. I personally don't entirely blame these elected people to have this kind of thought to be honest.
As we turned our head around we'll see that the ambience in Galway has insidiously turned into an I-only-want-to-concentrate-on-my-studies-because-that's-the-only-reason-why-I-am-here-for state. To allure people to come to the events organised by the societies is like a pain in the neck, as if we were to force them to jump off the cliffs. Name it AGM, takbir raya let alone the talks, people just won't turn up (Or turn up late, extremely late). I can't simply put my fingers on those people but it's not impossible that they might've unintentionally overlooked the amount of effort the committee members had put in. The way of thinking like 'that has nothing to do with me' or 'it's okay other people will turn up anyway' is a poison that urgently needs an antidote.
That's why I reckon that we are somewhat influenced by our environment as certainly, we also want to succeed like the rest. What are we doing here attending a PPIMG meeting if we actually can on the other hand be with our friends at home studying and thus excel with flying colours in the exams. And once we got elected the whispers from outside came knocking our door telling us things like 'You're done man, you're bound to your job and you'll lose your life, your freedom, your good marks'. Our mind was pressured and moulded by the force from our environment shaking our willpower. It's therefore unfair for me to point at a single person to be responsible for something that has been created by the people collectively.
Having said the above I never mean that I'm going to offer something flashy to solve this critical issue in our community. This disease has become an ongoing problem that it's now a tough enough nut to crack. What I want to share is that I strongly agree with what our president has said about the sense of responsibility that each and everyone of us should possess. No man is an island so let's not think that we will never be able to carry out our task because we never know until we try, isn't it? I suppose one of the most NB attitudes that we all should have is the willingness to pour in whatever that we have and whatever we can as I believe more importantly it's the effort that counts after all.
We need to make a change(s), don't let this murderous attitude and surrounding advance any greater 'cause we know they're not right. I'm afraid if no one's going to make a move it's not inevitable that our societies whose one of the roles is to unite Galway-Malaysians together will in the future disappear from existence. At that time people will only mind their own business completely, follow the flow of disputable validity with no one to haul them back in and live 'independently' that not knowing what our friends around us have been up to is no longer seen as a problem. It's us who have to do it, it's us who need to together design the antidote.
I hope this is a good start for us the committee members to together realign our perception and perhaps have a think about what we can do for the job we've been appointed, not dwell on what we can't do. InsyaAllah we were all chosen for a reason because Allah has said clearly that He will never impose His servants with things they can't bear to handle (2:286). A great person is not just someone who is smart academically but is also someone who is able to manage everything else at the same time as in reality things don't only happen one after another in a mutually exclusive manner but more often than not all of them happen concomittantly. Let's make the opportunity to be in the committee as a chance for us to improve ourselves and polish the quality that we might have never even noticed hidden beneath our skin. Furthermore our purpose of life is not merely about becoming a doctor but indeed far more valuable than that.
So insyaAllah let's together give it a shot, support each other and we'll take it from there ok ;).
Remember every single thing must have its first step!
P/s: Maafla rasa mcm buat karangan tp hopefully messagenya sampai.

Jom pegi meeting esok insyaAllah.
Dari meja tugas yg telah ditaklifkan,
Helwa
Wallahualam.
*************
Ukhwah fillah my Galway friends ;)





moga terus diberikan kekuatan :)