• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

The World, From My Eyes

"I step aside, turn around and look naively at the world evolving around me. I surprise myself for things I've taken for granted. It's about the tiny little piece of thoughts hailed from the bottom of my mind. It's about an appreciation, expression, discovery, compassion or simply a random scribble of a soul. I believe that life's too precious to be squandered away with the mundane. It's my life. And I'm living it. The world from my eyes, an utter manifestation."

Birthdays


The month of November, December and January inscribe the birthdays of a good bunch of important people in my life. As I've written an entry specially dedicated to my mum for her last birthday, I thought it would be unfair to not write another entry for my dad. Sorry sisters, no time for yours.

I'm wishing my dad the best that the world could offer for his birthday which falls on today, the 20th of January. May Allah bestow His blessings upon him and the rest of our family [oh d'ya know our family has expanded ;)].

Happy Birthday En. Che Mat Nor! ;)

Though he is quite a quiet person and speaks too little as opposed to us the girls particularly, he however has  a uniqueness of his own. I would say that he was and is the happiest person in this whole wide world when I decided to take up Medicine. He loves learning and knowing about health and how the body works as such that he buys medical books or mags written in layman terms. And I suppose he is the only one that can bear with my long talkings about what I learn at college whenever I phone home ;). 

In retrospect I had loads of conflicts with my dad when I was a kid, which are funny to recall. They mainly  originated from simple misunderstandings that developed into intense periods of not-talking. I think we both have quite a number of similar characteristics which therefore repel each other. I assume I was the most sassy and bold daughter when I was small so getting punished was common and punishments led to resentments and dissatisfaction. What a vicious cycle!

It is as I grow older that I come to appreciate things that had happened and probably get the idea as to why my dad did this and that. They are indeed for my own good.

My dad is special in his own way. Funny enough his favourite question as I ring home is "Whose little daughter are you?", referring to either his or my mum's. I so despise that question. Therefore I'd answer I was mum's or don't know or just scream at him :P. 

He quite value numbers. If you remember or know the Sijil Simpanan Nasional produced by the Bank Simpanan Nasional where how it worked was we could buy kind of certificates for a lucky draw then redeem them back later at the same value if we want (now I wonder if they abode by the Islamic law). I'm not sure if it still exists. He didn't give us sisters birthday gifts but he used to buy those certificates with our birth dates written on them, then suddenly came home and showed them to us. He doesn't talk much but he  certainly does something.

My dad is the one who can patiently stand my fear of roaches. The rest in the family I'd say, couldn't care less because they can't be bothered by me. Fortunately we don't have cockroaches in Ireland but back home roaches proliferate in the humid climate that big time I wonder where do they come from when they appear all of a sudden in our house. When I see a cockroach the goosebumps strike, I can sprint  away from that creature and start to scream for my dad putting that pitiful face on display. S.O.S. Then in a split second armed with his weapon- the insecticide spray, or sometimes bare-handed (cool huh?) my hero i.e. my dad will come to my rescue and murder extinguish that filthy creature from my sight so that I will be in peace again ;). Thus it's better for me to have a good rapport with him at all times because roaches can appear anytime where I therefore will certainly need to ask for his favour, which is obviously difficult if he's giving out at me for any particular reason :P. Nah jk, not just about that absolutely.


Dedicated to my dad though I know he won't be watching this. [I think I've watched all videos of Nina :)]

"It is He Who takes your souls by night (when you are asleep), and has knowledge of all that you have done day by day, then He raises (wakes) you up again that a term appointed (your life period) be fulfilled, then (in the end) unto Him will be your return. Then He will inform you of that which you used to do." 
[Al-An'am, 6:60]

P/s: I think my dad is getting more handsome as he grows older. Lol don't anyone dare tell him this or he'll be floating on cloud nine all week.



Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.4
Read More 0 Throw A Word | Conceived by sarahyusof edit post

0 Throw A Word



Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

"Nun. By the pen and what they inscribe" [al-Qalam, 68:1]

  • Me
      "A humble traveler on the world of His"
  • Snippets of Me

    • An all-time Muslimah who lives to serve Allah
    • A wife to a wonderful husband
    • A daughter to great parents
    • A mother to two beautiful princesses
    • A doctor by profession
    • A part time blogger who just ventured into business

    My Family & I

    My Family & I
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ For more info about business opportunity you can reach me via phone/whatsapp at 0145213388. I will bring to you to a wonderful experience towards time and financial freedom insyaAllah. Also do contact me for purchases with special offers :)

    Premium Beautiful Corset

    Premium Beautiful Corset

    Bio Velocity Sleep Mate

    Bio Velocity Sleep Mate

    JTX Air Tracker

    JTX Air Tracker

    BB Plus Collagen

    BB Plus Collagen

    Marine Essence Range

    Marine Essence Range

    Mineral Coffee

    Mineral Coffee

    Words of Wisdom

    Followers

    Labels

    • Academic
    • Baby Food
    • Business
    • Doctor-To-Be
    • Fatimah Amanda
    • Islam
    • Leisure
    • Life
    • Love
    • Malaysia
    • Maryam Sophia
    • Milestones
    • Momderful
    • Music
    • Science
    • travelogue
    • Tsaqafah
    • YPG
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright xThe World, From My Eyes. All rights reserved.
    Blogger Layout | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Studio House Design

    Back to Top