• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

The World, From My Eyes

"I step aside, turn around and look naively at the world evolving around me. I surprise myself for things I've taken for granted. It's about the tiny little piece of thoughts hailed from the bottom of my mind. It's about an appreciation, expression, discovery, compassion or simply a random scribble of a soul. I believe that life's too precious to be squandered away with the mundane. It's my life. And I'm living it. The world from my eyes, an utter manifestation."

Tawakal (ii)


[Continued]


A female Garda came close, bent her head over through my window to see the faces of the people in the car and subsequently laid her elbows on the window frame. It was a complete silence in the car as the lady looked in, like the silence created as a family of mice hide themselves in a mouse hole from a hungry cat.
Our fate was just difficult to ascertain.
The she-Garda stepped back then came the he-Garda.

That guy came close to my door and asked sternly, "Did you hear the siren?"
I was about to say 'well I thought it was the ambulance bla-bla-bla' when he stopped me just after I blurted a few words.
"No no, just answer my question, did YOU hear the siren?"
"Yes."
"So why didn't you stop?"

 This certainly didn't need an answer. In this scenario it was better to talk less than more.
After all this wasn't a pleasant beginning of the negotiation.
I was under the impression that the Gardai might think that I was having a touch of a hangover. But from my words I believed that I had proved them wrong.
"Do you know why did we stop you?". He continued.
"No".
"Do you know what a double line means?" [He was using another term which I forgot.]
"Do not overtake". [Out of nervousness my vocabulary was gone at that time but for this entry I have corrected them all.]
"So you know it!"
Did I actually overtake on a double line? I didn't even realise. Trust me I didn't even look down to the lines because my eyes were just fixed on the car in front. For God's sake! I didn't want to make the situation more complicated by telling this to the Gardai thus yanking my other friends in that car I was following into this catastrophe.
The lady Garda seemed to want to loosen the tense a bit as she came and said softly, "Can I see your license please?". There you go. 'Is this the end when it has just started?', I anticipated. Oh my God only on You I put my hope.

"And for those who fear Allah, He (ever) prepares a way out. And He provides for him from (sources) he never could imagine. And if anyone puts his trust in Allah, sufficient is (Allah) for him. For Allah will surely accomplish His purpose: verily, for all things has Allah appointed a due proportion."
[At-Talaq, 65: 2-3]


Concomitantly the  male Garda opened the back door  behind the driver's seat to have a better look at what's inside the car at the passenger seats. He subsequently closed the door after asking one of my friends who was holding her iPod as to what was she listening to in this serious moment.
I asked my co-driver who was holding my stuff with her to get my purse in my bag. I carefully opened it, took out the precious expired Malaysian driving license and handed it over to the police. Tawakal. Nothing else I could do at that point.

She stood up from leaning against my window then strode  towards her colleague behind, probably showing the license. I didn't have the courage to even look at them. No one in the car dared to utter a word. But I believe all were reciting prayers within themselves.
'Well isn't expiration date just a number? The date written on the card could've been later or earlier but isn't the driving skill the same, like? In fact I passed the theory and practical exams both in one go so my driving skill is good enough that there's no need to doubt about it.' I was fighting and doing the boastful talking within my own self :P.  
[Oh by the way did I mention that my dad apparently had to teach me driving again even after I passed? I didn't know what I learnt at the driving school that initially my driving (in the real world) was absolutely horrendous. I didn't have the problem with my skills or confidence in hitting the road though but unfortunately the passengers, and of course the vehicle owners did. T_T]

Our friend's car that we were following was gone, long disappeared into thin air. We weren't aware if they had a clue at all that our car was stopped by the Gardai plus we didn't get the chance to give them a text or a ring. After all again I thought it was good for them too so as not to involve too many people in this issue. Let us pretend like we were independent entities.
The lady Garda walked close to my door once again and asked, "Where are ye going to?".
"N---y", I answered.
"N---y? That's very far. What are ye doing there?".
"Just visiting some friends."
"Are you driving through the night straight to N---y?".
"Yes".
"Oh Jesus, that's a long journey".

She stepped back and came the other Garda to my window then. The serious guy.
"Listen, your driving isn't very good". 

[To be cont'd]



Read More 0 Throw A Word | Conceived by sarahyusof edit post

0 Throw A Word



Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

"Nun. By the pen and what they inscribe" [al-Qalam, 68:1]

  • Me
      "A humble traveler on the world of His"
  • Snippets of Me

    • An all-time Muslimah who lives to serve Allah
    • A wife to a wonderful husband
    • A daughter to great parents
    • A mother to two beautiful princesses
    • A doctor by profession
    • A part time blogger who just ventured into business

    My Family & I

    My Family & I
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ For more info about business opportunity you can reach me via phone/whatsapp at 0145213388. I will bring to you to a wonderful experience towards time and financial freedom insyaAllah. Also do contact me for purchases with special offers :)

    Premium Beautiful Corset

    Premium Beautiful Corset

    Bio Velocity Sleep Mate

    Bio Velocity Sleep Mate

    JTX Air Tracker

    JTX Air Tracker

    BB Plus Collagen

    BB Plus Collagen

    Marine Essence Range

    Marine Essence Range

    Mineral Coffee

    Mineral Coffee

    Words of Wisdom

    Followers

    Labels

    • Academic
    • Baby Food
    • Business
    • Doctor-To-Be
    • Fatimah Amanda
    • Islam
    • Leisure
    • Life
    • Love
    • Malaysia
    • Maryam Sophia
    • Milestones
    • Momderful
    • Music
    • Science
    • travelogue
    • Tsaqafah
    • YPG
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright xThe World, From My Eyes. All rights reserved.
    Blogger Layout | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Studio House Design

    Back to Top