• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

The World, From My Eyes

"I step aside, turn around and look naively at the world evolving around me. I surprise myself for things I've taken for granted. It's about the tiny little piece of thoughts hailed from the bottom of my mind. It's about an appreciation, expression, discovery, compassion or simply a random scribble of a soul. I believe that life's too precious to be squandered away with the mundane. It's my life. And I'm living it. The world from my eyes, an utter manifestation."

Anaemia in Pregnancy


Anaemia or low haemoglobin level in blood is quite a common problem in pregnant women. I decided to write on this after reading a useful article in relation to same which mentioned that the incidence of anaemia in preggies could have been more than one third. An I, am not excluded.

The first time I had my blood test done saw my Hb level being slightly low at around 10.3, I think. It somehow went unnoticed that I thought I could get away with it as I didn't experience any severe symptoms. Well, I do indeed look paler than I was pre-pregnant and I do get shortness of breath with fast heart rate, that I felt as if I was going to blackout. I however always relate that to myself being physically unfit rather than anything else. Have you ever heard that doctors are difficult patients? Huhu.

When I moved to Cork a repeat blood test was done and the Hb seemed to still be low (normal range for female is around 12-15mg/dl) that they sent me a letter in the post to notify me this, and advised me to take iron supplements. The bold me thought that I would resort to a high-ish iron diet instead, which I doubt if it ever happened at all. Haha. At my first visit to my GP on Washington Street, Cork she noticed about the low level and asked if I am taking any supplements. I answered my 'plan' above and as an excuse I added my worry of the notorious side effect of iron supplements: constipation to my answer. She concurred as she knew I was a doctor myself but she said the level shouldn't be any lower than this. 

My husband finally got me the infamous iron supplement we use in hospitals, Galfer. That was after I asked him would there be a chance in getting blood transfusions during or after delivery if I happened to lose a lot of blood (naudzubillah)? Though probably not too much in a spontaneous vaginal delivery which is the means we are hoping for, as compared to a Caesarean section, I was worried if the risk was still there at all- especially if they noticed my low Hb. Of course I don't fancy receiving other people's blood apatah lagi drp orang yg besar kemungkinan tidak seagama, baca: cara hidup. 

Unfortunately my husband didn't notice that the Galfer capsule contains gelatine and there is no 'suitable for vegetarians' logo on the box. I therefore held off taking Galfer at that time. Coincidentally while reading a pregancy magazine produced by the hospital (CUMH) I came across an alternative of iron supplement which is suitable for vegetarians with an added plus point: non-constipating! I would share with you what it looks like below.

So readers overseas who are looking for a suitable-for-vegetarians iron supplement, try look for the above okay. I would advise that in taking anything try our best to find things which are halal be it medications or whatever. As it has been stated in the Quran;

"O you who believe, do not hold as unlawful the good things that Allah has made lawful for you, and do not transgress. Verily, Allah does not like the transgressors. Eat from what Allah has provided you as good and lawful, and fear Allah in whom you believe." [Al-Maidah, 5:87-88]

I am only on my 2nd day of trying out this tablet, and so far alhamdulillah  I've no problem with my bowel movement. Hope there never will :). 

A good lay Malay article on this CLICK.

Wallahua'lam.


Read More 0 Throw A Word | Conceived by sarahyusof edit post

0 Throw A Word



Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

"Nun. By the pen and what they inscribe" [al-Qalam, 68:1]

  • Me
      "A humble traveler on the world of His"
  • Snippets of Me

    • An all-time Muslimah who lives to serve Allah
    • A wife to a wonderful husband
    • A daughter to great parents
    • A mother to two beautiful princesses
    • A doctor by profession
    • A part time blogger who just ventured into business

    My Family & I

    My Family & I
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ For more info about business opportunity you can reach me via phone/whatsapp at 0145213388. I will bring to you to a wonderful experience towards time and financial freedom insyaAllah. Also do contact me for purchases with special offers :)

    Premium Beautiful Corset

    Premium Beautiful Corset

    Bio Velocity Sleep Mate

    Bio Velocity Sleep Mate

    JTX Air Tracker

    JTX Air Tracker

    BB Plus Collagen

    BB Plus Collagen

    Marine Essence Range

    Marine Essence Range

    Mineral Coffee

    Mineral Coffee

    Words of Wisdom

    Followers

    Labels

    • Academic
    • Baby Food
    • Business
    • Doctor-To-Be
    • Fatimah Amanda
    • Islam
    • Leisure
    • Life
    • Love
    • Malaysia
    • Maryam Sophia
    • Milestones
    • Momderful
    • Music
    • Science
    • travelogue
    • Tsaqafah
    • YPG
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright xThe World, From My Eyes. All rights reserved.
    Blogger Layout | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Studio House Design

    Back to Top