In the blink of an eye, little Maryam has turned a month today. And she's still the apple of my eye :). Always will insyaAllah.
If you wanted to know we haven't introduced her to a pacifier as yet, as my husband didn't want her to get used to be 'deconditioned' at such an early age. I thought we were just going to put aside the pacifier for the rest of her life when one night we kind of discussed about the ways to console her, especially when I resume work soon. We looked up on the internet and saw an article suggesting that if we were to introduce a pacifier to an infant, one month of age would be just about right. That is because for mothers who breastfeed it would be expected that breastfeeding would have been well established at that time. So for the past month we have been enduring her cries and screams the natural way. It was hard but not impossible. I guess Maryam now deserves an applause, and shall we reward her with a pacifier now, hubby?
The husband was on call last night, leaving just me and Maryam in the house. This my first time being alone with Maryam while the husband is not at home as during the last time my mother was still around. Felt a bit homesick about that, how great it would be to be surrounded by the people we know are always ready to give a helping hand whenever we need it isn't it, or is it just me feeling a bit insecure about my ability to look after a baby? Malaysia is calling me! Haha.
The day went very well, she slept soundly and woke up intermittently for a feed or a change only to quickly doze off to sleep back again. But you know what 12 midnight marked it all. I waited till that late while she was sleeping to change her diaper, afraid if it would leak as the next time changing might be in the morning. She last got it done a few hours ago. After the change, she just couldn't sleep and easily cried whenever she remained in the same position for long such as lying down on the bed. Everything didn't seem right for her that we were tossing and turning in the bed for I'd say, hours. I didn't realise what time did I, or she fall asleep but sincerely speaking that was such a battle of patience, a war against my sleepiness at such wee hour. Clearly bringing up a child is not as simple as playing Tamagotchi (the electronic pet)! Every cry needs to be diagnosed carefully, but I guess last night's cry was purely originating from too much sleep prior to the actual sleeping time. So this morning mommy has got a sleepy head!
The public health nurse came again today to weigh Maryam. I don't feel too good to learn that Maryam hasn't gained much since her last visit, she was 3.96kg last week and 4.10kg this week. She only put on 140g which is still on the 5th centile on her growth chart, but the nurse was saying she would have expected a growth spurt in Maryam which means about 200g increase in weight. However probably seeing that I looked worried with what she just said she reassured me that Maryam's weight gain this week is actually fine. I am just wondering if I'm feeding her enough, if I have enough breast milk to feed her at the first place! I really don't want to commence her on formula, that is going to make me feel bad for my inability to have good supply of milk. But at the same time I want her to be healthy and thriving successfully :(. Anyway the nurse had a quick peek at Maryam's feet and she thinks that the talipes on them has improved quite a good bit. Alhamdulillah. We both know that babies can grow out of it, and I strongly hope that that will happen in Maryam's case too. May Allah grant this prayer.
Happy one month old Wan Maryam Sophia!
Ummi and Abi love you sooo much dear ❤.





