Analysing Annabel Karmel's pattern of giving foods to babies I noticed that she recommends giving different foods on each meal time every day. As a general rule of thumb, we ourselves would easily feel bored if we were to eat the same thing every time isn't it? As well we can avoid our babies from developing constipation by let's say giving them puree consisting mainly rice alternated with puree consisting mainly fruits.
Anyway just wanted to share with you guys that I successfully invented two new recipes for Maryam today. As I told you before I am running out of ideas when it comes to varying Maryam's food. Recipes online and in the book that I bought also lack the use of other local Malaysian fruit and vegetables, such as rambutan, duku, sawi and kacang buncis.
Was walking in the Pacific groceries store in KB Mall when I spotted beautiful fresh green kacang buncis on the shelf. Couldn't help myself from buying them for Maryam as they simply didn't have not a single black mark to indicate 'unfreshness'. Huhu.
Therefore the first recipe that I 'invented' today is a mixture of pureed baby rice + pears x 2 (buah lai) + carrot + sweet potato (Ubi Jepun which is sweeter than ubi keledek) + KACANG BUNCIS!
| Tadaa! See the bright green colour? |
On the other hand, the second recipe is potato + apple + banana + plums (3) puree. Wasn't planning to add in banana until I tasted the puree which was a bit sour to due to the plums.
Hope she'll love these!
Alhamdulillah.




