Today is my baby's 7th day of life.
Umbilical Cord Stump
At the wee hour lil baby pooped and I got up to get her cleaned. I don't know if it was me who made it happen or it was going to happen anyway that I noticed her umbilical cord stump had fallen off that night. She was crying out loud, probably from the diaper-change or from the pain at her belly button, if I had accidentally pulled that off, oops. The belly button didn't look completely dry yet so I doubted if the stump had 'withered' on its own. Anyhoo what's out is out. Let's take a good care of the wound. Of note Maryam also had her stump detached on day 7 :).
Baby's name
After deep contemplation, quite extensive look-ups and inquiring the 'expert' we, my hubsy and I have decided on our 2nd princess' name. It's Wan Fatimah Amanda. Fatimah as we know is the name of the Prophet's (pbuh) daughter and Amanda is a latin word that means lovable. May she grow up with the akhlaaq of Fatimah and become a loving, lovely and lovable person. Ameen.
Tahnik
Hubsy decided to find a scholar to perform tahnik on Fatimah. We went to see a scholar in Tendong together with my MIL and granny in law. This was my first ride in a car since my discharge from hospital after giving birth, I didn't feel too confident in myself physically so I decided to just stay in the car outside when they went to bring Fatimah into the scholar's house. Hubsy however helped to capture those precious moments into a video which I have yet to watch. May Allah grant barakah in Fatimah's life and make her among the pious.





