• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

The World, From My Eyes

"I step aside, turn around and look naively at the world evolving around me. I surprise myself for things I've taken for granted. It's about the tiny little piece of thoughts hailed from the bottom of my mind. It's about an appreciation, expression, discovery, compassion or simply a random scribble of a soul. I believe that life's too precious to be squandered away with the mundane. It's my life. And I'm living it. The world from my eyes, an utter manifestation."

Upset


Maryam Sophia has become a well grown-up girl, alhamdulillah. She is 2 years, 1 month and 20 days old today. She is so chatty in a way that she speaks like an adult. She started talking like that when she hit 2 years old.

"Bukan macam tu, macam ni- ah"
(Not like that, it's like this- ah)

"Mayam nak buat sendiri"
(I'm gonna do this on my own)

"Ummi buat apa?"
(Watcha doing, Ummi?)

"Abi cari apa?"
(Watcha looking for, Abi?)

"Eh ada- ah yogurt Mayam"
(Look my yogurt is actually here!)

"Mana sudu? Mana2?"
(Where's the spoon, where?)


Given her age and size, it often tickles our hearts hearing her sentences. She talks in a moderate tone innocently so we find it amusing than irritating. She can go on talking non stop and really loves when people respond, chat with her and ask her questions.

It is not until yesterday that I learnt that she has come to use the word 'malas' (lazy). Yeah we  have discovered her use of a negative statement before which is "Maryam tak pandai" (I'm not smart) but we tackled that by giving her some reassurance that she can do it and the fact that the thing will need to be practiced in order for her to be good at it bla bla bla. 

But yesterday I asked her for a favour, to pick up a book that she dropped, off the carpet then she replied "Tak nak, malas" (Don't wanna, lazy). 

Heartbreaking. 

We as her parents have never taught such a word to her. Therefore the impact it gave to me was massive. I wasn't sure what to do to get her do what I requested when she answered like that. It kind of punctuated things and my thinking came to a complete cul-de-sac. Then that reminds me, so this is the feeling mothers get when their children use harsh words when conversing with them. Awful.

I was so upset I messaged dear hubsy. Apparently he was looking at his phone so he responded  quite instantly, about what I could do as a 'punishment' for her for saying such a word. I didn't do any of them though.

Thankfully it didn't last for long when Maryam finally of her own accord picked up the book herself without me using any kind of coercion. 

Now still thinking about the best 'punishment' to effectively teach kids to be a better person.

Read More 0 Throw A Word | Conceived by sarahyusof edit post

0 Throw A Word



Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

"Nun. By the pen and what they inscribe" [al-Qalam, 68:1]

  • Me
      "A humble traveler on the world of His"
  • Snippets of Me

    • An all-time Muslimah who lives to serve Allah
    • A wife to a wonderful husband
    • A daughter to great parents
    • A mother to two beautiful princesses
    • A doctor by profession
    • A part time blogger who just ventured into business

    My Family & I

    My Family & I
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ For more info about business opportunity you can reach me via phone/whatsapp at 0145213388. I will bring to you to a wonderful experience towards time and financial freedom insyaAllah. Also do contact me for purchases with special offers :)

    Premium Beautiful Corset

    Premium Beautiful Corset

    Bio Velocity Sleep Mate

    Bio Velocity Sleep Mate

    JTX Air Tracker

    JTX Air Tracker

    BB Plus Collagen

    BB Plus Collagen

    Marine Essence Range

    Marine Essence Range

    Mineral Coffee

    Mineral Coffee

    Words of Wisdom

    Followers

    Labels

    • Academic
    • Baby Food
    • Business
    • Doctor-To-Be
    • Fatimah Amanda
    • Islam
    • Leisure
    • Life
    • Love
    • Malaysia
    • Maryam Sophia
    • Milestones
    • Momderful
    • Music
    • Science
    • travelogue
    • Tsaqafah
    • YPG
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright xThe World, From My Eyes. All rights reserved.
    Blogger Layout | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Studio House Design

    Back to Top