Wed, Nov 07, 2007 -- 2007-SI203: Important annoucement
It is with deep regret that I have to inform you that Ciaran Toomey, Ardnacrusha, Co. Clare one of our first year1MB3 student, died yesterday following a tragic accident. The student body including members of your class and the lecturers are shocked and saddened. We all need time to grieve and come to terms with the loss of Ciaran. Therefore, we need to postpone the examinations set for Thursday and Friday of this week. The Molecuar Medicine and Chemotherapeutics MCQ will be on the evening of Thursday 15th at a time to be yet determined. The Anatomy spot test will be Monday 19th starting at 8.30 a.m. The endocrinology/genetics exam will be Tuesday 20th in the afternoon. Due to the timetable it is not possible to give you any further time off to study. You will only be examined on the lectures that you have been given to date. I am aware that a couple of people had made plans for next week - please contact me and I will work on alternative arrangements. I hope you will accept these changes. There will be a service in the Chapel today at 1.10 for Ciaran. I will be available after that to meet anybody who needs to see me.
Funeral arrangements will be announced later today.
Ar dhéis Dé go raibh a anam.
Surprisingly, the exams this week have been deferred to tomorrow week and the week after! I was speechless to realize that this is for real. This morning i read the email sent by our assistant class rep, Caoimhe informing the class that one of our juniors has lost his life tragically. I didn't expect that the issue will be taken this seriously until it was confirmed that the exams are deferred. I think i should give a sigh of relief, at least for the mean time. I believe that Allah wants to give me and the rest some more time to make ourselves more prepared.
And so the hidden message is: please don't take things for granted, Sarah!
Please pray for all of us' success, may Allah grant all of us with whatever best for us. Ameen..




