First and foremost i would like to wish my Muslim blog readers "Eid Mubarak!" for the Eidul Adha that takes place today. Hope Allah The Greatest will always grant us with His blessings throughout our life.
Just to share what's going on in my place, like I told you earlier we are currently in an exam season [Read: Books all over the place, struggling to keep yourself awake after dozing off as soon as you get a book into your hands]. When the exam ball starts rolling, that essentially means that everything else needs to slow down as exams outweighs most of the things [but not all]. As in no more facebook-ing at the moment, less squandering around aimlessly on the net and perhaps less time wasted unnecessarily. Well in fact ideally it should be the way these things work at any time at all isn't it? And so why am I writing this when I just said that I'm in the middle of exams? I wonder why too. Should I actually not do this, please tell me. Anyway alhamdulillah I don't have anything coming up tomorrow as I just had my OSCE today. So it's kinda a relief that you have a break before continuing your battle. Phew. And so let's make this entry a useful one, not just a random rambling of stuffs.
Today doesn't really look like Eid since I only performed the Eid prayer at home for my OSCE was in the morning and apart from that we have nothing that can be called special Eid delicacy in our kitchen. I even just had a bowl of cereal before I went to the exam. And I had some fat free organic blueberry prebiotic yogurt, a slice of grained bread and a banana for lunch. Back to the story however alhamdulillah it was last night that the Malaysian Muslim community in Galway had a session of takbir in the Red House [girls only], at least we have something special huh.
I would like to share a tazkirah delivered by our Ketua Helwa, Kak Idah last night. I was short and sweet that it gives me points to ponder upon. She started by asking us why do we celebrate Eidul Adha at the first place? Some answered "to sacrifice" this and that while the rest.. didn't shout anything at all huhu. Then someone pointed out, we celebrate Eidul Adha because Allah asks us to. Well apparently that's the best answer isn't it? It's not simply because we want to get together, eat fabulous foods, put on new shiny dresses, it's not just that. Our ultimate reason should be because we value this gift of special day given by Allah to us.
When we talk about Eidul Adha the story that comes along with it must be the story of Prophet Abraham a.s. and his son Prophet Ishmael a.s. The messages that we can highlight from this story are plenty, but I would like to address just two of them.
Firstly is about sacrifice and faith. It's not that easy to perform a task that we dread of doing, furthermore when it involves losing our loved one whom we love head over heels. In the story of Prophet Abraham, he was willing to do so due to his faith in Allah whom decreed such a command. He put his priority to his religion and set aside the worldly matters. It's about obligation and compliance. Imagine if such a decree is imposed on us, would we be willing to do it wholeheartedly?
Secondly, Allah s.w.t. exchanged Prophet Abraham's son with something unexpected; a ram. Indeed the decree was just a test to illuminate how profound was his faith in Allah s.w.t. Why did Allah exchanged Prophet Abraham's son with a ram? He could've just let Prophet Ishmael die, since that's not going to effect Allah for even an inch? But that's the Most Merciful character of our Creator. He grants His mercy to His slaves who oblige His commands, and even He also does so to those who disoblige.
The Eidul Adha tazkirah ended with a verse from the Quran which reads:
p/s: Pray the best for our exams yeah! Cheers :)
Just to share what's going on in my place, like I told you earlier we are currently in an exam season [Read: Books all over the place, struggling to keep yourself awake after dozing off as soon as you get a book into your hands]. When the exam ball starts rolling, that essentially means that everything else needs to slow down as exams outweighs most of the things [but not all]. As in no more facebook-ing at the moment, less squandering around aimlessly on the net and perhaps less time wasted unnecessarily. Well in fact ideally it should be the way these things work at any time at all isn't it? And so why am I writing this when I just said that I'm in the middle of exams? I wonder why too. Should I actually not do this, please tell me. Anyway alhamdulillah I don't have anything coming up tomorrow as I just had my OSCE today. So it's kinda a relief that you have a break before continuing your battle. Phew. And so let's make this entry a useful one, not just a random rambling of stuffs.
Today doesn't really look like Eid since I only performed the Eid prayer at home for my OSCE was in the morning and apart from that we have nothing that can be called special Eid delicacy in our kitchen. I even just had a bowl of cereal before I went to the exam. And I had some fat free organic blueberry prebiotic yogurt, a slice of grained bread and a banana for lunch. Back to the story however alhamdulillah it was last night that the Malaysian Muslim community in Galway had a session of takbir in the Red House [girls only], at least we have something special huh.
I would like to share a tazkirah delivered by our Ketua Helwa, Kak Idah last night. I was short and sweet that it gives me points to ponder upon. She started by asking us why do we celebrate Eidul Adha at the first place? Some answered "to sacrifice" this and that while the rest.. didn't shout anything at all huhu. Then someone pointed out, we celebrate Eidul Adha because Allah asks us to. Well apparently that's the best answer isn't it? It's not simply because we want to get together, eat fabulous foods, put on new shiny dresses, it's not just that. Our ultimate reason should be because we value this gift of special day given by Allah to us.
When we talk about Eidul Adha the story that comes along with it must be the story of Prophet Abraham a.s. and his son Prophet Ishmael a.s. The messages that we can highlight from this story are plenty, but I would like to address just two of them.
Firstly is about sacrifice and faith. It's not that easy to perform a task that we dread of doing, furthermore when it involves losing our loved one whom we love head over heels. In the story of Prophet Abraham, he was willing to do so due to his faith in Allah whom decreed such a command. He put his priority to his religion and set aside the worldly matters. It's about obligation and compliance. Imagine if such a decree is imposed on us, would we be willing to do it wholeheartedly?
Secondly, Allah s.w.t. exchanged Prophet Abraham's son with something unexpected; a ram. Indeed the decree was just a test to illuminate how profound was his faith in Allah s.w.t. Why did Allah exchanged Prophet Abraham's son with a ram? He could've just let Prophet Ishmael die, since that's not going to effect Allah for even an inch? But that's the Most Merciful character of our Creator. He grants His mercy to His slaves who oblige His commands, and even He also does so to those who disoblige.
The Eidul Adha tazkirah ended with a verse from the Quran which reads:
"Their meat will not reach Allah, nor will their blood, but what reaches Him is piety from you. Thus have We subjected them to you that you may glorify Allah for that [to] which He has guided you; and give good tidings to the doers of good"No matter how many rams or cows that we sacrifice, the thing that matters is whether our intention is for the sake of Allah, for it could be wasteful enough if it's just for the sake of showing off etc. Hope we all learn something from this story of Prophet Abraham, and celebrate this glorious day of Eidul Adha the way Allah asks us to, insyaAllah.[Al-Hajj, 22 : 37]
p/s: Pray the best for our exams yeah! Cheers :)





akak, beautiful rainbow there. Hu!
subhanallah.
salam eidul-adha :)
subhanallah kan. somehow kat sini i think byk rainbow, clear pulak tu..huhu ;)
salam aidiladha juge, sronoknya raya kat Msia!