• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

The World, From My Eyes

"I step aside, turn around and look naively at the world evolving around me. I surprise myself for things I've taken for granted. It's about the tiny little piece of thoughts hailed from the bottom of my mind. It's about an appreciation, expression, discovery, compassion or simply a random scribble of a soul. I believe that life's too precious to be squandered away with the mundane. It's my life. And I'm living it. The world from my eyes, an utter manifestation."

Clinical Skills

I wanted to put this up on this blog before the exams started but I happened to forget it earlier.

Here in NUIG one of the modules we are learning is the Professionalism Core Clinical Skills taught by Dr Gerard Flaherty [GerFlah]. The other day the whole class had a discussion with him about 10 case studies which were indeed intelligence-challenging [is there such a word]. Well the thing is we've been fed with all those theories and blablabla that we or perhaps me myself expected that I was good enough but see, even one case study didn't get me to sort it out that easily.

So here I want to share with you a case that I found interesting. This is basically what the 3rd Meds of NUIG are handed with. It doesn't matter if you don't have a medical background because insyaAllah I'll put up the answers after I'm done with the exams okay. But if you want you can spend some time to think over it. I added the normal values too in the parentheses
for your reference. So c'mon, give it a go!

Case 1

68 year old man
Malaise, dyspnoea and chest pain
Examination: Normal
FBC:
-Hb 6.4g/dl [Normal: 11.5-16.0]
-WBC 38x10^9/l [Normal: 4-11]
-Platelets 178x10^9/l [Normal: 150-400]
-MCV 84fl [Normal 76-96]

Blood film: Normochromic red cells with spherocytes


P/s: GerFlah once said to us something like "In the wards I want the people to get confused between 3rd Meds and Final Meds. Is that too much to ask?" :P


Read More 2 Throw A Word | Conceived by sarahyusof edit post

2 Throw A Word

  1. As on 1:54 pm

    huu I love case study.

    To solve it, is such a relief :)

    Here we call it PBL session. Maybe it's quite similar here and there, aite?

    i'll think it over :)

    all the best for the remaining papers

    btw, i love the quote :D

     
  2. Anonymous on 11:07 am

    I am pleased to see that the good news is being spread afar!

    GF

     


Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

"Nun. By the pen and what they inscribe" [al-Qalam, 68:1]

  • Me
      "A humble traveler on the world of His"
  • Snippets of Me

    • An all-time Muslimah who lives to serve Allah
    • A wife to a wonderful husband
    • A daughter to great parents
    • A mother to two beautiful princesses
    • A doctor by profession
    • A part time blogger who just ventured into business

    My Family & I

    My Family & I
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ For more info about business opportunity you can reach me via phone/whatsapp at 0145213388. I will bring to you to a wonderful experience towards time and financial freedom insyaAllah. Also do contact me for purchases with special offers :)

    Premium Beautiful Corset

    Premium Beautiful Corset

    Bio Velocity Sleep Mate

    Bio Velocity Sleep Mate

    JTX Air Tracker

    JTX Air Tracker

    BB Plus Collagen

    BB Plus Collagen

    Marine Essence Range

    Marine Essence Range

    Mineral Coffee

    Mineral Coffee

    Words of Wisdom

    Followers

    Labels

    • Academic
    • Baby Food
    • Business
    • Doctor-To-Be
    • Fatimah Amanda
    • Islam
    • Leisure
    • Life
    • Love
    • Malaysia
    • Maryam Sophia
    • Milestones
    • Momderful
    • Music
    • Science
    • travelogue
    • Tsaqafah
    • YPG
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright xThe World, From My Eyes. All rights reserved.
    Blogger Layout | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Studio House Design

    Back to Top