• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

The World, From My Eyes

"I step aside, turn around and look naively at the world evolving around me. I surprise myself for things I've taken for granted. It's about the tiny little piece of thoughts hailed from the bottom of my mind. It's about an appreciation, expression, discovery, compassion or simply a random scribble of a soul. I believe that life's too precious to be squandered away with the mundane. It's my life. And I'm living it. The world from my eyes, an utter manifestation."

To greet or to be greeted


If I ask you how often do you smile, or do you smile to strangers? Well to be honest I also sometimes have problems deciding whether to smile or not to smile when passing someone on the hallway. Ya tough, and rough.

If I were to give a blatant difference that I saw in the culture between the Malaysian and the Irish, one of them would be in 'greeting people'. Somehow the Irish are by and large very approachable and friendly when it comes to dealing with strangers [I might have made an over-generalization here, I hope not]. So fellow Malaysians, let's work on this!

As far as the 3 years that I've been living here in Ireland I've been
exchanging countless hellos and his with old Irish chaps or young Irish damsels that I bumped into. Good afternoons that I often came across between the pages of my English textbooks, which were only used when addressing an English teacher as she entered the class are now uttered readily in the community that I sometimes startled to respond :P. Anyhow 'good afternoon' is not my main concern here though but rather the essence of it i.e. creating good relationships with the people around us.

Having said that, oddly these days I noticed that the 'friendly' Irish that I used to meet up with have lessened in number for unknown reasons. Sometimes even my acquaintance just hesitates to throw in a cheap smile yet pretends busy doing something or staring at something else whenever we chance on. Where's the affable Irish that I used to know? This seriously got me puzzled 'cause I know it isn't their real attitude to behave in such a way [or have I been disguised? Lol :P] I'm not complaining though as I know that different people have different 'threshold' of smile. Different parameters. I presume that must be a symptom of the summer syndro
me probably ;)

To contemplate, how we look and how we react more or less depict who we are. I believe that the part and parcel of making ourselves seem cordial to everyone is to begin anything with a simple SMILE :). Modest and honest smile will do, no need that superfluous or feigned smile till people start thinking, there's something fishy with this girl/guy! Lol I know you know my context here.

Anyhow to highlight the importance of smile even in Islam the famous quote of "Smile is sadaqah [charitable act]" has been through the ears of all Muslims at least once I must say.

The Prophet (Peace be upon him) has said: ‘Your smile for your brother is Sadaqah. Your removal of stones, thorns or bones from the paths of people is Sadaqah. Your guidance of a person who is lost is Sadaqah.’ (Bukhari)

So let's together all of us, brothers and sisters in Islam especially let's together spread our smiles to the whole wide world- as smile confuses an approaching frown, smile is the universal welcome and more importantly smile is charity.

Smiling is infectious
You can catch it like the flu
Someone smiled at me today
And I started smiling too
-Anonymous-




Read More 0 Throw A Word | Conceived by sarahyusof edit post

0 Throw A Word



Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

"Nun. By the pen and what they inscribe" [al-Qalam, 68:1]

  • Me
      "A humble traveler on the world of His"
  • Snippets of Me

    • An all-time Muslimah who lives to serve Allah
    • A wife to a wonderful husband
    • A daughter to great parents
    • A mother to two beautiful princesses
    • A doctor by profession
    • A part time blogger who just ventured into business

    My Family & I

    My Family & I
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ For more info about business opportunity you can reach me via phone/whatsapp at 0145213388. I will bring to you to a wonderful experience towards time and financial freedom insyaAllah. Also do contact me for purchases with special offers :)

    Premium Beautiful Corset

    Premium Beautiful Corset

    Bio Velocity Sleep Mate

    Bio Velocity Sleep Mate

    JTX Air Tracker

    JTX Air Tracker

    BB Plus Collagen

    BB Plus Collagen

    Marine Essence Range

    Marine Essence Range

    Mineral Coffee

    Mineral Coffee

    Words of Wisdom

    Followers

    Labels

    • Academic
    • Baby Food
    • Business
    • Doctor-To-Be
    • Fatimah Amanda
    • Islam
    • Leisure
    • Life
    • Love
    • Malaysia
    • Maryam Sophia
    • Milestones
    • Momderful
    • Music
    • Science
    • travelogue
    • Tsaqafah
    • YPG
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright xThe World, From My Eyes. All rights reserved.
    Blogger Layout | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Studio House Design

    Back to Top