As I’m writing this I’m down in Corofin, Clare in one of the rooms of a farmhouse called Fergus View which I’ll be staying for the next 6 days or so. Sitting on my chiropractic bed facing the window overlooking the breathtaking view of
"Have they not seen that We drive the water [in clouds] to barren land and bring forth thereby crops from which their livestock eat and [they] themselves? Then do they not see?"
[as-Sajdah, 32:27]
Yesterday was a very bright and sunny day that I found myself lucky enough to have brought along my shades in my already-exploding suitcase. I made it to Ennis Bus Station in the afternoon and inadvertently missed the bus to Corofin as a result of long chats with a middle-aged lady and later, an old chap. Didn’t know how did that happen though, only realized that the bus was gone when the time on my phone passed 3 o’clock, the time in which I should have boarded the bus. What a pity and huge disappointment. Perhaps I was too complaisant seeing a row of taxis by the roadside waiting for passengers which would be my back-ups if I miss the bus and guess what, I did miss the bus.
Corofin Medical Centre is a humble building located at the heart of Corofin. Surprisingly the taxi driver whose taxi I was in didn’t know where the place was that he had to ask his friend and a pedestrian to get the direction to drive over to the medical centre. Obvious message of how remote the place was.
I was supposed to be with Dr Fergus Glynn for the 8-day attachment in Corofin but as he is away to everywhere at the moment another lovely doctor takes over i.e Dr Mary O’Brien. She’s an extremely nice lady who is cheerful all the time, with a smile that hardly fades from her face- a quality which I believe is not easy to be found in someone whose everyday job is always on the ball. She keeps the practice alive and as far as the 2 days I’ve been attached to her not a second I felt uneasy or humiliated or the ‘when-can-I-leave-this-place’ feeling but instead every moment had been fulfilled with fun and knowledge. All praises be to God.
Fergus View
Corofin, Co. Clare




