• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

The World, From My Eyes

"I step aside, turn around and look naively at the world evolving around me. I surprise myself for things I've taken for granted. It's about the tiny little piece of thoughts hailed from the bottom of my mind. It's about an appreciation, expression, discovery, compassion or simply a random scribble of a soul. I believe that life's too precious to be squandered away with the mundane. It's my life. And I'm living it. The world from my eyes, an utter manifestation."

Corofin 2


One of the staff was kind enough to offer me a lift from the medical centre I was attached to down to the B&B where I stayed in. It wasn’t too far a distance between the two but far enough to walk back and forth. I’d say around 3-5 miles maybe and the roads were crooked, very narrow with generally no space for pedestrians. Every step along the road with the vroom of the cars right behind the ears made me feel very frightful as if I was about to be knocked down at anytime at all.


We chatted on a bit while she drove me over to the place, which took around 3 minutes drive.

[Real name has not been used]


Emy: So did you have a great weekend, Sarah?

Me : Ya, it was good, and it was Eid yesterday.

Emy: It was wh-at?

Me: Eid. It’s like Christmas for Muslims.

Emy: Oh I see. So what did you do, did you pray all day or have a big dinner?

Me : Ya we had a short prayer in the morning and then we had open houses so we visited our friends’ houses all day.

Emy: So tell me what do you eat, you’re a vegetarian are you?

Me: No, we can eat everything but like the meat, the beef and chicken, they have to be slaughtered in Islamic way.

Emy: Where would you get that then?

Me: Oh we do have halal foodstores in Galway so we’ve no problems with that.

Emy: Where do they get that? Do they import them?

Me: Well I suppose they got them from Dublin maybe.

Emy: So are you a strict Muslim?

Me: Yes I am.

Emy: I see, so you can eat everything, you can eat pork,…

Me: Oh no, ya we can eat everything but not pork.

Emy: And why is that, what is it with pork that you have problem with?

Me: It’s stated in the Quran, our holy book that we can’t eat pork.

Emy: Hmm, that’s rather strange, pork is really good you know. You’re missing out Sarah!


And I just gave out a wee bit laugh presuming she was joking. That ended very soon as we got to my place already then. Only if I could respond to her by saying ‘My life is not about eating’ or ‘That’s what religions are for, for us to be obedient’. But that’d be a bit cold I’d say. Maybe I should’ve had the courage though, also with the tact of course.


“So direct your face [i.e. self] toward the religion, inclining to truth. [Adhere to] the fitrah [the natural inborn inclination of man to worship his Creator prior to the corruption of his nature by external influences] of Allah upon which He has created [all] people. No change should there be in the creation of Allah. That is the correct religion, but most of the people do not know”

[ar-Rum, 30:30]


Fergus View
Corofin, Co. Clare


Read More 0 Throw A Word | Conceived by sarahyusof edit post

0 Throw A Word



Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

"Nun. By the pen and what they inscribe" [al-Qalam, 68:1]

  • Me
      "A humble traveler on the world of His"
  • Snippets of Me

    • An all-time Muslimah who lives to serve Allah
    • A wife to a wonderful husband
    • A daughter to great parents
    • A mother to two beautiful princesses
    • A doctor by profession
    • A part time blogger who just ventured into business

    My Family & I

    My Family & I
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ For more info about business opportunity you can reach me via phone/whatsapp at 0145213388. I will bring to you to a wonderful experience towards time and financial freedom insyaAllah. Also do contact me for purchases with special offers :)

    Premium Beautiful Corset

    Premium Beautiful Corset

    Bio Velocity Sleep Mate

    Bio Velocity Sleep Mate

    JTX Air Tracker

    JTX Air Tracker

    BB Plus Collagen

    BB Plus Collagen

    Marine Essence Range

    Marine Essence Range

    Mineral Coffee

    Mineral Coffee

    Words of Wisdom

    Followers

    Labels

    • Academic
    • Baby Food
    • Business
    • Doctor-To-Be
    • Fatimah Amanda
    • Islam
    • Leisure
    • Life
    • Love
    • Malaysia
    • Maryam Sophia
    • Milestones
    • Momderful
    • Music
    • Science
    • travelogue
    • Tsaqafah
    • YPG
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright xThe World, From My Eyes. All rights reserved.
    Blogger Layout | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Studio House Design

    Back to Top