• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

The World, From My Eyes

"I step aside, turn around and look naively at the world evolving around me. I surprise myself for things I've taken for granted. It's about the tiny little piece of thoughts hailed from the bottom of my mind. It's about an appreciation, expression, discovery, compassion or simply a random scribble of a soul. I believe that life's too precious to be squandered away with the mundane. It's my life. And I'm living it. The world from my eyes, an utter manifestation."

Corofin 3


That wasn’t my first time drawing blood from a patient.

[Real name has been concealed]


“Ok Mr O’Sullivan my name is Lisa the practice nurse and this is Sarah a practical doctor from Galway. Would you mind if she took the blood off you today?”, said Lisa with that strong yet soft northern accent.


“Oh yes I don’t”


So I shook his hand and smiled as I always did.

“Sarah, the wife of Abraham”- Mr O’S

“Ya you’re right”- Me

“She was 94 when she got Isaac” - Mr O’S

“Oh I’m not sure of the age” –Me

“That’s very old, how would that be possible?”- Lisa


So I drew the blood off his arm while having these 2 things lingering on my mind:

* At least there’s someone in Ireland who knows the history of his religion [Islam and Christianity came from the same root]. At least there’s someone in Ireland who reads his religion’s book. [That I ever met]

* No matter what age we are if He wants to shower us with His bounties, He will.


"Then We gave her good tidings of Isaac and after Isaac, Jacob. She said, "Woe to me! [An expression of surprise and amazement]. Shall I give birth while I am an old woman and this, my husband, is an old man? Indeed, this is an amazing thing!" They said, "Are you amazed at the decree of Allah? May the mercy of Allah and His blessings be upon you, people of the house. Indeed, He is Praiseworthy and Honorable.""

[Hud, 11:71-73]

And alhamdulillah it was quite easy obtaining blood from his arm despite him saying that the nurse on maternity leave used to have problems finding his veins. I’m not that good either but just put on that confident face, say bismillah [in the name of God], use your knowledge, and prick! Just hope that you’re not hitting the tendon or artery now. Gotta admit we’re always on the edge.


“We’re nearly there, one more to go”

A few seconds passed.

“So we’re done now, pet”-Lisa

“Was it more painful compared to the one you had last time?”- Me

“Oh no, no” –Mr O’S

“She’s very good isn’t she?” -Lisa

“So you always take people’s blood do you?” -Mr O’S

“Ya, ya, that’s what we do. We’re vampires” –Lisa

And we all burst into laughter as I popped on the band aid on the prick spot.



Fergus View
Corofin, Co. Clare


Read More 0 Throw A Word | Conceived by sarahyusof edit post

0 Throw A Word



Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

"Nun. By the pen and what they inscribe" [al-Qalam, 68:1]

  • Me
      "A humble traveler on the world of His"
  • Snippets of Me

    • An all-time Muslimah who lives to serve Allah
    • A wife to a wonderful husband
    • A daughter to great parents
    • A mother to two beautiful princesses
    • A doctor by profession
    • A part time blogger who just ventured into business

    My Family & I

    My Family & I
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ For more info about business opportunity you can reach me via phone/whatsapp at 0145213388. I will bring to you to a wonderful experience towards time and financial freedom insyaAllah. Also do contact me for purchases with special offers :)

    Premium Beautiful Corset

    Premium Beautiful Corset

    Bio Velocity Sleep Mate

    Bio Velocity Sleep Mate

    JTX Air Tracker

    JTX Air Tracker

    BB Plus Collagen

    BB Plus Collagen

    Marine Essence Range

    Marine Essence Range

    Mineral Coffee

    Mineral Coffee

    Words of Wisdom

    Followers

    Labels

    • Academic
    • Baby Food
    • Business
    • Doctor-To-Be
    • Fatimah Amanda
    • Islam
    • Leisure
    • Life
    • Love
    • Malaysia
    • Maryam Sophia
    • Milestones
    • Momderful
    • Music
    • Science
    • travelogue
    • Tsaqafah
    • YPG
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright xThe World, From My Eyes. All rights reserved.
    Blogger Layout | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Studio House Design

    Back to Top