• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

The World, From My Eyes

"I step aside, turn around and look naively at the world evolving around me. I surprise myself for things I've taken for granted. It's about the tiny little piece of thoughts hailed from the bottom of my mind. It's about an appreciation, expression, discovery, compassion or simply a random scribble of a soul. I believe that life's too precious to be squandered away with the mundane. It's my life. And I'm living it. The world from my eyes, an utter manifestation."

Lessons from the hot spell


The European weather has stretched from one extreme end to its another extreme end. Galway is now scorching hot, the sun shines arrogantly not giving any chance for the clouds to pass by in the sky. This of course is what the Irish folks have been looking forward to, the official arrival of summertime. Though not as broiling as Malaysia it is evidently hot enough to allow us to open the windows real wide to the world outside and to not have to worry if we've got enough oil in the tank to heat up the house when the sun sets.

As I went out for jogging across the tiny Newcastle I could appreciate the flooding of people in the sun happily enjoying every bit of the wonderful weather with their family and friends. Loads of people young and old were seen doing some form of activity everywhere be it having a bit of a jog or brisk walk on the pavements like me, playing with their dogs on the field next to the Dunnes Stores or simply kibitzing and gossiping with the neighbours outside their houses. Galway daytime has become more lively absolutely!

Having lived in Ireland for nearly 4 years now has made me to realise the significance of weather for the Irish people. For instance if you were left with an Irish friend and you didn't have any idea what topic to break the ice with him/her, the 'weather' would always be appropriate. Particularly with the elderlies, you'd be impressed by how aware they are with the weather that they can talk for hours about how the weather has been years back, last month, last week, yesterday, today and even probably forecast for the days to come!  

I remember when I was on the paediatric attachment at Portiuncula Hospital our consultant once let us go home early just as she said, "The weather is good outside so maybe if you want to take it easy and come back tomorrow morning?". And we 'yay'-ed in excitement. So the weather itself could be an excuse for things, you see. Our neighbours in my previous house in Fairlands Park used to sunbathe in their backyards when it was sunny, the view that I saw from my old house's bedroom window. Didn't they just appreciate the weather? 

Having said that though the weather can also in general influence how they behave and therefore be blamed for certain things, as if when it is cold and gloomy people have 'more reasons' to become cranky. "Such a crappy weather!". Poor Mr. Weather, it's always you being the victim I pity you.


What Irish seasons are well known of 
(You can often see this design on sweatshirts)

Apparently a gorgeous and hot weather has its own drawback as well if we look carefully at it. I'd say it would've been common in the west but I found it lethally damaging to see how the Caucasian ladies dress in public in this swelter. It's all about minimalising. Sometimes the parts of body covered are less than the uncovered parts! Probably my Islamic background and the fact that I come from the east have made me to have a slightly lower threshold as to what an inappropriate attire means, which is disputable really when looking at each of us' upbringings. However I'm afraid that this state actually makes the reason behind social problems for example sexual assaults and rape as such becomes self-explanatory.

This morning I decided to have a jog (I normally jog in the evenings) again as part of my daily routine. Shades on, music fed to the ears and house keys hidden (oops), I stepped out of the house to see two teenage girls walking by. The sun was blazing. I didn't really pay much of an attention to them as I was actually deafened by my iPod. Then I thought one of them actually spoke something to me as we passed each other. I wanted to pause or turn down the tunes when I saw her pretending to fan her face with her hand while saying "Hot!" from what I could read from her lips, with that sarcastic type of facial expression. I gave her a shallow smile, turned my head and just walked off.


That incident entirely occupied my head along my jog that I kept on analysing the situation. For your knowledge in this hot weather Europe is having now like I said the clothes worn are all in minis. Thus to see me adorning a full Muslim attire with hijab and all in this weather still, is somewhat peculiar and possibly ill-looking to the eyes of those who don't understand. Indeed I noticed that I've received more stares and second-glances as I went out in my usual attire these days as compared to during those regular cold days before. [I hope I'm not being paranoid here].

I was actually quite surprised that it was our own neighbour who behaved in such a way, after us having lived in that house for 2 years or so with no problems whatsoever between us and the next door. Secondly, looking at that girl's age. Approaching 20 she would've been, which I thought a mature enough an age to have possessed good manners. I was visualising myself responding to her things like ""My home country is way hotter than this" or a more mischievious approach would be "You humiliate yourself by being so disrespectful." But anyhow my wise head reminded me that those could've sparked friction and animosity between us so perhaps I'd better save that for later to myself then. 

So why be patient?
Abu Hurairah reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "The strong man is not one who is good at wrestling, but the strong man is one who controls himself in a fit of rage."
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]


Abu Hurairah reported: A man asked Prophet (PBUH) for an advice and he (PBUH) said, "Do not get angry". The man repeated that several times and he replied, "Do not get angry".
[Al-Bukhari]


"And verily, whosoever shows patience and forgives, that would truly be from the things recommended by Allah." 
[As-Syura, 42:43]


Because patience is virtue!



Read More 0 Throw A Word | Conceived by sarahyusof edit post

0 Throw A Word



Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

"Nun. By the pen and what they inscribe" [al-Qalam, 68:1]

  • Me
      "A humble traveler on the world of His"
  • Snippets of Me

    • An all-time Muslimah who lives to serve Allah
    • A wife to a wonderful husband
    • A daughter to great parents
    • A mother to two beautiful princesses
    • A doctor by profession
    • A part time blogger who just ventured into business

    My Family & I

    My Family & I
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ For more info about business opportunity you can reach me via phone/whatsapp at 0145213388. I will bring to you to a wonderful experience towards time and financial freedom insyaAllah. Also do contact me for purchases with special offers :)

    Premium Beautiful Corset

    Premium Beautiful Corset

    Bio Velocity Sleep Mate

    Bio Velocity Sleep Mate

    JTX Air Tracker

    JTX Air Tracker

    BB Plus Collagen

    BB Plus Collagen

    Marine Essence Range

    Marine Essence Range

    Mineral Coffee

    Mineral Coffee

    Words of Wisdom

    Followers

    Labels

    • Academic
    • Baby Food
    • Business
    • Doctor-To-Be
    • Fatimah Amanda
    • Islam
    • Leisure
    • Life
    • Love
    • Malaysia
    • Maryam Sophia
    • Milestones
    • Momderful
    • Music
    • Science
    • travelogue
    • Tsaqafah
    • YPG
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright xThe World, From My Eyes. All rights reserved.
    Blogger Layout | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Studio House Design

    Back to Top