• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

The World, From My Eyes

"I step aside, turn around and look naively at the world evolving around me. I surprise myself for things I've taken for granted. It's about the tiny little piece of thoughts hailed from the bottom of my mind. It's about an appreciation, expression, discovery, compassion or simply a random scribble of a soul. I believe that life's too precious to be squandered away with the mundane. It's my life. And I'm living it. The world from my eyes, an utter manifestation."

MMR-V



We brought Maryam to get her 1-year-old jab at the clinic today, at the age of 1 year and 19 days old. With the recent heated up discussion about the relevance of introducing vaccines to our children I can't help but feeling a bit worried too in making my mind about this. 


As a person who works in the medical field I am quite inclined to follow the current guidelines and vaccination schedule, as I have faith that the ministry must have put sufficient enough an effort in establishing the best guideline that aims to provide the best protection for our children from any health risks.

We were given the options whether to give Maryam MMR vaccination alone or MMR-V which includes immunisation against varicella as well, costing about RM50 and RM140 respectively.

I wasn't quite aware about this until my husband mentioned on our way to the clinic that one of the points to support giving MMR-V vaccine is because I work in a high risk setting where I am readily exposed to bugs and sick people. Therefore it would be a great idea to if possible cover Maryam from catching infections, as much as we can, of course after considering both benefits and risks.

At last as expected we decided to give Maryam MMR-V for her 1 year old vaccination. She will need another Varicella booster at 4 years old. When I inquired about whether it would be only Varicella vaccine given again at 4 years old, the GP says he also gives MMR-V again at that that age, if we want. Furthermore to support such action he says according to the current guideline MMR is given at 7 years old (standard 1 of primary school) just for the sake of reaching everyone as that is the youngest formal school age in Malaysia. He further adds that the ideal time of giving 2nd MMR is between 4 to 6 years of age.

In a nutshell;

  • Alhamdulillah Maryam got her MMR-V today. Hope she will not develop fever as such, what more the other adverse effects being discussed. 
  • Maryam will need a 2nd Varicella vaccine given to her at 4 years old, regardless with or without MMR along.


 
Read More 0 Throw A Word | Conceived by sarahyusof edit post

0 Throw A Word



Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

"Nun. By the pen and what they inscribe" [al-Qalam, 68:1]

  • Me
      "A humble traveler on the world of His"
  • Snippets of Me

    • An all-time Muslimah who lives to serve Allah
    • A wife to a wonderful husband
    • A daughter to great parents
    • A mother to two beautiful princesses
    • A doctor by profession
    • A part time blogger who just ventured into business

    My Family & I

    My Family & I
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ For more info about business opportunity you can reach me via phone/whatsapp at 0145213388. I will bring to you to a wonderful experience towards time and financial freedom insyaAllah. Also do contact me for purchases with special offers :)

    Premium Beautiful Corset

    Premium Beautiful Corset

    Bio Velocity Sleep Mate

    Bio Velocity Sleep Mate

    JTX Air Tracker

    JTX Air Tracker

    BB Plus Collagen

    BB Plus Collagen

    Marine Essence Range

    Marine Essence Range

    Mineral Coffee

    Mineral Coffee

    Words of Wisdom

    Followers

    Labels

    • Academic
    • Baby Food
    • Business
    • Doctor-To-Be
    • Fatimah Amanda
    • Islam
    • Leisure
    • Life
    • Love
    • Malaysia
    • Maryam Sophia
    • Milestones
    • Momderful
    • Music
    • Science
    • travelogue
    • Tsaqafah
    • YPG
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright xThe World, From My Eyes. All rights reserved.
    Blogger Layout | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Studio House Design

    Back to Top