Maryam has started to be able to chew. Her abi bought her a cooling teether for her to chew on about a month ago but she wasn't able to hold it properly at that time, let alone bring it up to her mouth. I thought it was too thick for her small mouth that even if it is open to its widest it wouldn't allow the teether in.
I am so happy that now Maryam has good hand and finger control that she is able to use both hands at the same time to grasp the teether. She manages to lift the teether up touching her lips but occasionally requires some assistance in orientating the flower-shaped teether's petal into her mouth. By the way hand-hand control and chewing are developmental milestones expected to be achieved by a 6-month-old. Maryam is 6 days to being a 5-month-old! Alhamdulillah :).
Anyways while I am writing this Maryam is silently watching her favourite videos on iPad while sitting comfortably in her lime green Bumbo seat. I wrapped a piece of fleece around her to make sure she's not cold as she is wearing short sleeve and sitting on the floor. Not putting the seat on an elevated surface is of paramount importance to prevent falling. I just knew that Bumbo seat actually has been withdrawn from the market because of this risk, oopsie. Need to be extra careful when she's in it so.
May Allah protect us all.
Ameen.






